The Henry George Gallery represents local, national and international artists – both emerging and established. We are interested in all contemporary media including painting, printmaking, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and photography. We are devoted to exhibiting original, profound and important works of art and we seek artists who represent a rich, diverse, multi-cultural or world perspective in their work. We work closely with our artists to help promote their work to a wider audience – through exhibits (group and solo), special public and private events, PR, internet marketing and social media.
The gallery welcomes submissions from artists seeking representation throughout the year. Each of our artists is selected based on mastery of their technique and craft, singular and unique creative vision, and commitment to their art. We choose to represent work that we love, art that moves and transforms us.
Please include the following in your submission:
- Please send 10-20 high quality images of recent work labelled with your name, title of each piece, date of completion, medium, dimensions, and your artist net price (prior to gallery commission).
- Support materials: include a cover letter, resume, artist statement, recent articles or reviews about your work, and announcement cards from previous exhibitions. As well as details about any work you have sold. Please be sure to include current contact information including phone and email.
- DO NOT SUBMIT ORIGINAL WORK BY MAIL. WE CAN NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SUBMISSION OF ORIGINAL WORK.
ATTN: Darryl Gray, The Henry George Gallery, Portfolio Submission, 45 6th Street, Parkhurst, Johannesburg, 2193
We will also accept email submissions: email@example.com
Please note the following:
- Please be patient. We will try to review materials as soon as possible. However, due to travel and time demands, expect 6 months for a response.
- If we are interested in a Studio Visit or Meeting, we will contact you via phone or email.
All properly submitted submissions, will receive a gallery response.